Uttar Pradesh Junior Aided High School Assistant Teacher English Exam – 17 October 2021 Answer Key
Q51. Insert the correct article in the sentence below: “There’s a woman from the bank on phone,
(4) none of these
Q52. Which sentence is most likely to follow the sentence ? “Don’t wait for me.’
(1) I may have been a few minutes late.
(2) I might have been a few minutes late.
(3) I might been a few minutes late.
(4) I might be a few minutes late.
Q53. Fill in the blank with the correct option: ‘Are you likely visiting Greece again this summer?’
(2) to been
(3) to be
Q54. Which of the following sentences is correct?
(1) Banks lends money to make a profit.
(2) Banks lend money to make a profit.
(3) Bank lend money to make a profit.
(4) Bank lended money to make a profit.
Q55. Which of the following sentences is correct?
(1) The police are talking to a number of people.
(2) The police is talking to a number of people.
(3) The police won’t talking to a number of people.
(4) The police talking to a number of people,
Q56. Paradise Lost is written in
(1) Heroic Couplet
(2) Iambic Pentameter
(3) Terza rima
(4) Blank verse
Q57. Novum Organum (1620) was written by
(1) George Peele
(2) Francis Bacon
(3) Edmund Spencer
Q58. The poems “An Evening Walk” and “Descriptive Sketches are composed by
(4) W. B. Yeats
Q59. Which of the following poems of Coleridge is an unfinished fragment?
(1) “France : An Ode”
(2) “Frost at Midnight”
(4) “Kubla Khan”
Q60. The Witch of Atlas was written by
Q61. Correct the following sentence:
‘The whole India knows me.’
(1) Whole of country knows me.
(2) The whole of India knows me.
(3) The India knows me.
(4) My India knows me.
Q62. Choose the correct prefix to ‘adventure’.
Q63. Turn the following simple sentence into a complex one: ‘I knew a man. He believed in God.’
(1) I knew a man of belief.
(2) I knew a man which believed in God.
(3) I knew a man who believed in God.
(4) I knew a man with godly instincts.
Q64. Give the synonym of the verb ‘desert’.
Q65. Supply the correct preposition in the blank: ‘
I have eaten nothing____________ yesterday.
Q66. Which of the following is not in the simple present tense?
(1) I used to go for a swim everyday.
(2) Hydrogen is the lightest element.
(3) Two and three make five.
(4) Basmati rice has a sweet flavour.
Q67. Which of the following is not a verb?
Q68. Which of the following is not a noun?
Q69. The subject that G. B. Shaw tackled in Mrs. Warren’s Profession was
(1) love’s true nature
(4) flaws in education
Q70. The French Revolution continued to resurface in later literary works such as
(1) Silas Marner
(2) Tess of the D’Ubervilles
(3) Vanity Fair
(4) A Tale of Two Cities