UPSC CDS I General Science – 10 April 2022 Answer Key
1. Which one of the following inputs is required in less quantity in case of non-farming activities?
(d) Raw material
2. Which one of the following statements with regard to the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, 2005 is correct?
(a) It ensures 175 days of employment to needy persons in rural areas.
(b) It gives higher wages to women workers.
(c) People are generally given both skilled and unskilled jobs.
(d) This is implemented only in rural areas of India.
3. Which one of the following is not mentioned as a form of Emergency in the Constitution of India?
(a) National Emergency
(b) State Emergency terms of Proclamation of President’s Rule in a State
(c) Financial Emergency.
(d) Health Emergency
4. Which one of the following is not a provision related to a Money Bill?
(a) Imposition, abolition, remission,alteration or regulation of any tax
(b) Appropriation of moneys out of the Consolidated Fund of India
(c) Imposition of fines by local authority for local purpose
(d) Custody of the Consolidated Fund of India or the Contingency Fund of India
5. Which one of the following items is not covered under GST?
(b) Medical grade oxygen
6. Which of the following statements is/are correct?
1. Committee on Estimates is an ad hoc committee of the Parliament.
2. Committee on Railway Convention is a standing committee of the Parliament.
Select the correct answer using the code given below:
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only/
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2
7. Which one of the following is not an Indian form of Socialism?
(a) Democratic Socialism.
(b) Radical Socialism
(c) Communitarian Socialism
(d) Nehruvian Socialism
8. Which one of the following best describes BRICS?
(a) A group of five nuclear powers
(b) A group of five industrialized nations emerging
(c) A group of five major economies
(d) A group of five potentially strong UN Security Council members from the Countries of the Global South
9. Which one of the following is not a characteristic feature of Indian Federalism?
(a) The federating units consented to form a union
(b) Residuary powers vest with the Centre
(c) Single citizenship
(d) An extensive Union and Concurrent list
10. Which of the following statements about sculptures at Sanchi is/are correct?
1. In some sculptures there representation of Shalabhanjika.
2. The figure of Shalabhanjika is represented by a woman surrounded by lotuses and elephants.
3. The Shalabhanjika motif was directly inspired by Buddhist ideas.
Select the correct answer using the code given. not below:
(a) 1, 2 and 3.
(b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 2 only
(d) 1 and 3 only
11. In which one of the following years was the first. telegraphic connection. between Europe and India ? established
12. Who among the following was the founder of the Virashaiva Movement in Karnataka?
13. The ruins of Hampi were brought to light by which of the following British officers of the East India Company? EXAMS
(a) Colonel Colin Mackenzie
(b) James Prinsep
(c) William Jones
(d) James Rennell
14. Which one of the following works was composed by Krishnadevaraya on statecraft in Telugu?
(b) Jambavati Kalyanam
(d) Satyavadu Parinaya
15. Match List I with List II and select the correct answer using the code given below the lists:
List I List II
(Soil Type) (Salient Characteristic)
A. Entisols 1. Soils having weakly or quickly developed horizons
B. Inceptisols 2. Weakly developed soils with no horizons
C. Histosols 3. These soils are very old and highly weathered
D. Oxisols 4. These soils have very high quantity of organic matter in the upper layers
A B C D
(a) 2 1 4 3
(b) 2 4 1 3
(c) 3 4 1 2
(d) 3 1 4 2
16. A peripediment in a desert or semi-desert region is also known as:
17. Individual lava flows are normally only a few feet thick, but over a long period of time, repeated flows may build up a volcano. Such volcanoes are termed as:
(a) Shield volcano.
(b) Composite volcano.
(d) Cinder-cone volcano.
18. Isohalines are lines joining equal :
19. Which one of the following would be considered as Foreign Direct Investment?
(a) A foreign company buying shares in stock exchanges in India.
(b) A foreign country pension fund investing in Indian stock markets
(c) A foreign merchant banker buying shares from Indian stock markets
(d) A foreign entity setting up an educational institution in India
20. Which one of the following does not influence quantity demanded for a good?
(a) Good’s own price
(b) Price of a complementary good
(c) Price of a substitute good
(d) Prices of inputs into production of the good